Thursday, April 23, 2009

My first outing







Rylee is such a good sweet baby! We had our first big outing today and Rylee slept the whole time we were gone and did not wake up until we were almost back to the hotel. She was such a trooper and it took us about an hour and half to get there, then about 45 minutes for the meeting, then we stopped by Target to grab a few things, and then the hour and half trip back to the hotel. She did not wake up until we were almost to the hotel I think she really likes riding in the car! Here are a few pictures of Rylee preparing for her first outing out of the hotel!




2 comments:

  1. Doug and Leilani...Congratulations!!! Have been kept informed by Jenny but was not able to view your "blog spot" until tonight. The way you have chosen to keep family and freinds informed is fantastic. It makes it so much more "emotional" for us back in Texas! Rylee is so perfectly beautiful and the two of you look exceptionally natural as parents. There's this certain...glow...about you. I'm sure this process has been long for you, but oh, so worth it now. I believe timing is everything in life, and your time has arrived! God has truly blessed the two of you with a beautiful baby. She will not only change your lives for the better, but will enrich your purpose, introducing you to a different arena in life full of new knowledge, experience and memories. Enjoy each day. There is nothing more precious than those first days, weeks, and months in the life of a newborn, learning who they are as well as feeling the undeniable connection between you and the baby. The journey is long and tedious raising children, but no matter what happens along the way...when they are grown it's an added blessing to see the product of your dedication and sacrifice.
    Forgive me for rambling, but I speak from experience. As you well know, I have three wonderful children of whom I'm very proud of and only now, I think you can appreciate exactly what I mean. The chemistry that ignites when you first hold that baby burns forever! You're pictures and emotions bring back some very fond memories. I'm so excited for both of you, and for Rylee. She just doesn't have any idea right now what awesome parents she has!! She'll find out! She's very lucky.
    Guess I'll have to make a trip to Dallas soon!! Take care of each other.
    Love you guys!
    Linda Tong (in Houston)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pictures. Thinking of you 3 all day every day.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers