So Friday February 20,2009 we received the call that is going to change our lives.We were with Doug's parents Gale and Paul at Texas Stadium seeing what all they were selling from the stadium. The music was loud, the place is pretty packed and Rowdy is riding around on his 4 wheeler. My phone rings with an Unknown number and I answer. The lady asks if we can get Doug on the phone she has some good news for us. Of course Doug had just left my side just a few minutes before so I ran around frantically trying to find him in the large group I searched for what seemed like forever! Finally finding him and making eye contact I excitedly motioned for him to get on the phone. He reacted pretty fast and did not even really seem confused I guess the look on my face gave it away! We tried to find a quite corner out of the wind to listen for 10 minutes while we were told all about our baby girl. This moment of Doug and I holding each other and listening to details is a moment in my life I will never forget. The wait is over. We have only officially been listed since January 13, 2009 and we were officially chosen on February 20th.Rylee's due date is April 20, 2009 in California. There are so many details that are swirling in our head right now and so much to be done. We are still keeping our fingers crossed that in the next few weeks our home is going to sell we had a lot of action this weekend and some great leads but still no offers. It is our ultimate dream to be able to be in a new home when we bring our baby girl Rylee home. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
I included a picture of us telling the Grandpa to be the good news!




Leilani-I love your story and I am so happy for you. I can't wait to follow your blog!
ReplyDelete